Today, we’re excited to share the news that Dr. Eric Potterat, retired Commander and former Head Psychologist for the US Navy SEALs, has joined Thync as a Senior Advisor.
Here are a few of Dr. Potterat’s many achievements:
- Credited for developing and implementing the Mental Toughness Training Program for the U.S. Navy SEALs and embedding it into their training pipeline
- 30 peer-reviewed, professional journal and/or chapter publications
- Featured on national media (History Channel, MSNBC & more)
- Served as a consultant and speaker on human factors, assessment and selection, wellness, performance optimization and mental toughness to many organizations including: NASA, the U.S. Olympic Training Center, several law enforcement and government agencies, and numerous professional (e.g. NFL, MLB, NBA) and collegiate sports teams
Further, Dr. Potterat is considered a leading expert in: individual and organizational resilience, stress mitigation, high performance teamwork and performance enhancement in high-risk occupations. His world-class expertise on reaching peak performance states, mental resilience and functioning in high stress environments will be a valuable addition to Thync.
Specific efforts will include:
- Helping to identify new and impactful ways to utilize our groundbreaking technology for performance and recovery
- Integrating Thync into first responder and high performance communities
“I’ve seen the science behind Thync and experienced the effects myself. I believe this technology is a breakthrough that could potentially help the general public, as well as professionals in high pressure environments, lower their stress levels without using chemical solutions.” -Dr. Potterat
At Thync, our mission is to lower stress in the world. With the support of Dr. Potterat we are confident that we are moving forward towards this important goal.